Friday, July 8, 2011

New School Year, New Priorities

This coming school year will be just as exciting for me as the previous two years.  This represents my third year teaching, and my second year in the Globaloria program.  Somehow, I still feel like all of this is new.  I have so many improvements to make, so many things still to learn.  I suppose I was like many students when I first became a teacher.  I thought that after so long, that I would know everything; there would be this magical process by which I would have all of the knowledge that I need... and I would pass that on to students.  Ta-Da... Poof!  (Magic, right?)

In reality, there is no magic unless you make it.  I have continued to learn and improve on my skills, have determined that I have much improvement to make, and I can never let myself get stale.  I want to use Web 2.0 technology to improve my teaching, and I want to have more interactive projects in my classrooms to improve student learning.

So just like every other journey, I keep going, I keep taking one step at a time.  The important thing is, I keep taking steps, I keep moving forward.  I reject letting myself get stale, I welcome challenges... I look forward to Globaloria year two!

1 comment:

  1. With such a great attitude, there is no doubt you will create much "magic" this coming year!

    ReplyDelete