Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Proud Momma had a "Fabulous" Conference!

FBLA LogoToday, I returned from the WV FBLA Leadership Conference with pride in my heart and a lot on my mind.  Our Randolph Technical Center FBLA chapter sent 11 students to state competition.  We brought home 3 state champions in David Green and David Wegman (Game Programming and Simulation) and Leah Armstrong (Public Speaking I).  We also have the new WV FBLA State President in our chapter, David Wegman!  These accomplishments give us so much to be proud of, but they are not all that is on my mind... 

Over the last couple of days, I have gotten to know many of our members better.  I have gained a few new nicknames, I have laughed uncontrollably with you, and I have been brought to tears by you, both out of pride and out of heartbreak.  I hope that the members know that I am proud of all of them.  I hope you know that I understand how hard you worked and how much you stressed over your competitions.  I am proud to be a teacher and advisor for each of my students.  If you work hard and you do the best job that you can do, then you are all champions to me.

That being said, everyone should realize that if they want to achieve more, they have only to work harder.  In the emotional and gripping words of Leah... Nothing is impossible.  We all need to remove that word from our dictionary!  If you didn't qualify to make it to Orlando for the National Conference in 2011, what will stop you from getting to San Antonio in 2012?  Only you can answer that question!

No comments:

Post a Comment