Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Semester = New Adventures

I know you love my nerdy blog titles, so I knew this one would be a hit!  In all seriousness, though, this semester does promise to bring adventures for all of us.  Last semester, I learned so much in my classes.  WAIT!  I'm the teacher, why am I learning?  (I should definitely know it all already, right?)  I don't know, guys, but it is happening; I'm learning!  If you watched the Did You Know? video at the beginning of class, you realize that there is a lot that we all have to do to keep up, teachers included.  Technology is changing so fast (at an exponential rate) that it is mind-boggling.

This semester promises to be just as educating and entertaining for me as it does for you.  My students in Game Design II almost ALL act like the dog on "UP", my students in Accounting II want to have parties every day, and I am developing new curriculum to use in Web Page Publishing... so... it is definitely going to be an interesting and enlightening semester for me.  I hope it is for you, too. 

I hope when you leave my class, that you have learned that you can do anything that you make up your mind to do.  The world is full of people that make excuses as to why they don't succeed.  In order to open up the possibilities for yourself, you need to show people why you can succeed at any adventure you set out on.  This semester is just the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment