Your blog assignment today is to tell me about your Thanksgiving traditions and hunting in your family... so I thought I should tell you the same.
In my family, our celebration of Thanksgiving is somewhat modified. I always call my brothers and sisters and my dad on Thanksgiving, but I celebrate with a different family, yet one that I love just the same as my own. Since I was a teenager, I have been celebrating Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Easter with a friend's family that I grew up with. I guess you could say (in the small town of Ellamore) that they were neighbors. We have even gone on summer vacations with them. My family has never been very good at maintaining tradition, so I have joined this family and become so integrated that my children consider my friend's parents to be "mamaw" and "papaw". I think there are many people like this across the country who pick their family. Don't misunderstand, I love and cherish my own family, but there is something special about these people that I have come to know and love as well!
Hunting season in WV... well there's a family story of it's own! My family has always been full of hunters. Deer, turkey, squirrels, even the occassional bear and raccoon hunter. My children like to hunt as well. My son, Austin, got his second deer this year. My daughter, Brianna, went this year but didn't have any luck. A couple of years ago, she got a huge 8-point!
I hope that as the holiday season continues, whatever your family tradtions are, that you enjoy your time with family and friends and that you get all that you need and most of what you wish for!
No comments:
Post a Comment